Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wedding update : What I wore on my BFF's sangeeth

Hello Girls! I was supposed to do this about a month ago but you know how the candid guys these days are, They give you pictures almost after a year of your wedding. Anyways I am here to do my wedding series of my BFF and show you what she and I wore at all the events leading to the big day. Its so hard to find good pictures from a sangeeth album because you dont give a damn about the photographs that one day. You are busy dancing off with your friends you almost forget you are being clicked and most pictures are way too awkward to look at.










The bride wore these two outfits, One being Ink-blue and other gold and red. And I am going to be really honest with you here, I always knew she wouldn't opt for a professional designer because her mom does all her ethnic wear and sometimes her western wear too. If some one else told me that her mother is doing all her wedding outfits I would lol and say 'you are a good joke' but that was not in this case, I saw her mum do amazing work on her clothes since ages.

My opinion : I was totally shocked when she showed me her ink blue lehenga, I was like no she cannot wear that! but I know there was no stopping. The lehenga is basically an anarkali lehenga where the lehenga is made of ink blue chips and the top has net with a beige dupatta to team up with. On that day she looked absolutely beautiful in that lehenga with all the sequence shining under the net and the jhoomar was a cherry on the cake. The second outfit was gold and red which is a perfect combo. I liked the outfit the moment I saw it. This lehenga had chips too and she did not opt for hand work blouses for both the lehengas. I think both the lehengas were perfect for a night event. She was breath takingly beautiful and no one turned their eyes away from the sparkling outfits. She managed to change two outfits and two different hair styles amongst performing almost 5 medleys which is amazing by the way.

What would I do: My sangeeth was basically a youngsters and no one gave a damn about what I was wearing. I was doing a lot of performances and there were cocktails and friends everywhere. But if I were her, I wouldnt dare to go for a ink blue sequence lehenga. I would play safe by choosing a silver sequence and get the bottom of it dyed into a different color for that gradient look and go with gold and beige net for the anarkali with a hand worked yoke.Its not easy to wear bold colours and rock your way like she did. For the second outfit I wouldn't change the lehenga and dupatta but I would definitely go for a hand worked blouse. 

What I wore: I did a post on what to wear to your BFF's wedding but I bailed on each one of them. I wanted to wear shararas and dhoti sarees at her wedding but that never happened and the reason is I was busy trying to open up my very own designer store. My another BFF who was supposed to design me another outfit was dead busy so I was left with nothing to wear. But then My SIL/business partner came to the rescue and I wore her lehenga. The lehenga is from Mugdha Art studio. I wore my hair in to a messy bun and wore a cute maang teeka. I ditched the bangles and wore a hand patti. I wore the same payal I wore on my wedding day as a neck piece and chaand balis.

I think I looked best on this day compared to the other events. this day holds a special place in my heart because I always loved to dance but somehow I never shared the stage with my BFF in those four years of college. we performed on stage but never together until this. Same with husband, he was forbidden to come to my sangeeth which he did by the way but we both never had a chance to rehearse and perform together.
 








Love,
Mounika Roches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanku so much for visiting my blog. I promise to keep your views in my mind and act. your comments are precious.